Sunday, 18 May 2008

Buttonmania

A while ago I posted a photograph of some buttons that I'd bought in Church Stretton and said that I'd show you what I was going to do with them. Well, here they are - no longer buttons but jewellery.


And in good old Blue Peter tradition - here are some that I made earlier.





I was hoping that someone with a younger, less scrawny neck than mine would model the necklaces but as I couldn't afford a fee I had to model them myself. I must have looked a complete idiot standing in the garden changing necklaces and having my photo taken (which I HATE anyway). At least Rob looked just as silly taking the photos. I'm sorry that the red and black necklace looks blurred but I guess you get the idea of what it looks like.

6 comments:

LOUISE @ HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS said...

What fabulous buttons you have in your collection, they go towards making lovely jewellery. The coloured ones have an art deco look to them. I loved those wooden hearts when I saw them in your earlier post and was wondering what you were going to do with them? x

Pipany said...

hello there and thank you so much for m'lady Isabella's birthday wishes. She had a great time.

The necklaces are lovely and I think you have a very original idea there - can't think I've seen any like this before. Love the greengate goodies in the last post too xx

Curlew Country said...

Oh I love the colured buttons epsecially. What a wonderful idea. Are you going to sell them, sure they'll fly off your hands.
Stephx

French Knots said...

What a brilliant idea! Love the mulit coloured one especially.

Alchamillamolly said...

Hello there I have just seen your comment on my blog- nice to meet you - yummy a new blogger to read all about. Love your banner picture as well - I shall now read all about you. Ilove the necklaces straight away

Catherine

Alison Boon said...

They are stunning. I love the wooden hearts. What an amazing thing to do with them. clever you