Friday 27 March 2009

Friday


It's been the usual routine this morning. A walk into town to finish off the weekly shopping. I don't really enjoy food shopping, it's just a chore but there is always the added attraction of doing the circuit of the charity shops in anticipation of finding a treasure I didn't know I needed. None found today mind you. The town is a little depressing at the moment with lots of empty shops and only the very basic shops still thriving. No individuality left here at all. These cheery Tesco/Cath Kidston bags do make the shop a little more pleasurable though and are usually admired by the ladies on the checkouts in Waitrose. Poor Mr Funky. We don't have a Tesco in town, so he had to drive me to the nearest large store so that I could complete the collection! I dread to think how much they all cost. Still - I am helping the environment aren't I?




I was tempted and succumbed to this sweet little tin of Redbush Rooibos tea. This stuff seems to be breeding on the shelves. There are loads of different packages containing this South African tea. Is it because of the influence of Precious Ramotswe and the Number 1 Ladies Detective Agency? Or I have I only noticed it because watching it has become my Sunday evening replacement for niceness and decency since the end of Lark Rise to Candleford? Anyway, I'm intrigued and I'm going to give it a whirl. Naturally, I couldn't buy a cardboard packet - I couldn't resist the little tin (my one weakness). So now there's another tin to add to the ever growing collection in my tiny kitchen.




As I picked up the post I noticed a new Bridgewater catalogue in amongst the brown envelopes and general junk. Just the thing to browse with a cup of coffee. Not a lot of newness in there but as usual it's beautifully photographed and I don't need an excuse to share some Bridgewater loveliness with you.




Spots

Birds



Happiness



and all round general loveliness.



Perhaps I should have used a mug like the picture above to display some of my daffs. Quite a bargain I think - three jugs filled for two pounds.



Anyway, I hope you all have a great weekend. Keep warm - it's going to be a cold one.

18 comments:

LissyLou said...

Love all the Tesco bags and just ordered my EB catalogue!!

Pipany said...

Lovely post with all things gorgeous. Love the tin and your CK bags definitely make the shopping seem cheery. Have a good weekend xx

Simone said...

The Redbush Tea Tin is really lovely. I will have to look out for it. I hope you have a lovely flower filled weekend!

Sal said...

Oohhh..all that lovely Bridgewater!
Hope you have a great weekend!!
;-)

MelMel said...

Eb have lovely new stuff....I got my book on Wed.....been enjoying it!xx

Tracey said...

Lovely bags! I'm freezing now, so not looking forward to a colder weekend! Hope you have a good one.
Tracey x x x

{Love, Love, Love} said...

Redbush tea seems to be the 'in' thing at the moment...even my husband drinks it! x

Mandy said...

Love your blog
Please pop by and pick up the award I have for you xx
Thank you Mandy

Shsjndkdns said...

Lovely photos, very cheerful. I can't use my CK bags for shopping, I use them as overnight bags and for when I go swimming! So many uses! Thanks for sharing the lovely EB catalogue, I havent had that new one yet, and I hear there is a new CK catalogue out but havent got that yet either. Hope you have a lovely weekend xx

Shabby Chick said...

Our town is a bit empty in places too, I don't like to see it at all.

Lovely Bridgewater catalogue, the only thing I have of hers is a tea towel but I do like looking at the designs! The happiness mug is gorgeous.

Mel xxx

Country Cottage Chic said...

Rooibos really has taken off hasn't it? I lived in South Africa most of my life but I've never liked it (should I admit that?).
Give me a cup of good old Yorkshire tea any day!
I like the tin though...

Did you seethe nice chocolate cake recipe in the EB catalogue?

piecemaker said...

I am having Larkrise withdrawal symptoms too and am enjoying the No1 Ladies Tec. Is it me or are the plots all from different books ,I get a bit grumpy when the BBC take too much artistic licence with books Ive enjoyed,
Take yourself over to the EB site , lovely ltd edition Matthew mug on sale but be quick

This Vintage Life... said...

I dislike food shopping too (and clothes shopping even more!)but Waitrose makes it very bearable. Just wish I could shop there all the time.
Hope you had a nice weekend. We actually had some sunshine!
Deb x

Anonymous said...

I so enjoyed reading this post as well as ooohing and aaahing ovee the photographs. Wouldn't mind some of that EB cutlery (will probably take me a looong time to save up for). i must try and catch an episode of the No.1 Ladies Detective agency, as am having Larkwise withdrawals too. Thankyou for your lovely comment on my blog. you say you can't knit or crochet, but you have a wonderful sense of style and that's an artform in itself.
love
Sumea
xx

Lesley (Notesfrommydays) said...

i love EB stuff i may have to invest in the cutlery!
thanks for your comment - poor you having to write all those cheques just think of all the lovely things you could buy instead!
hope one day our children appreciate what we do for them ;-)
Lx

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your good wishes for my sister
xx
Sumea

jo said...

I have an award on my blog for you if you would like to pop over and get it.

Jo xx

kate said...

Thanks for the great posting, I havent been to Cornwall since last April and your photos are bringing back all the memories....Going to Tesco and getting the greatest magazines
thanks so much
kate